Saturday 24 December 2011

Happy Holidays!












Hey Nonny Nonny! 2004, 217x285 mm, relief print (mdf block), oil ink on acid free heavy art print paper.
Not a good reproduction as I photographed the print through glass. This is always difficult to do without getting some reflections.






This holiday celebration print was based on a snapshot a friend of mine took at work on Christmas day.
I wasn't working that day but when I saw the fun expressed in this photo I asked for permission to use it. The nurses, one in a red velvet outfit and both with Santa hats, were dancing for the youngsters in a children's ward at the local hospital. I left the background blank and greatly simplified the Christmas tree.
I made enough prints to be able to give one each to the dancers and the photographer, and keep one for myself. I also used a reduced version for my Christmas cards that year. I added a gold star to the tree for my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment