Sunday 1 January 2012

aka The Book Blog

It's occurred to me many times that I should be writing a book blog as I read more than I do anything else. I am a really good customer at the local library. 
If I were rich I would probably spent more money on books than bling. Although I like bling. Art supplies would be well up on the list too.

The Art of Print: Masterpieces, History, Techniques by Fritz Eichenberg is not a new book. It was published in 1976. There are many newer books about printmaking in general and about specific techniques. This book, however, is full of riches. The tone is a bit conservative but it is full of illustrations and insights. I enjoyed reading it even if it did take almost six weeks.


This beautiful piece, Seated Cat by Steinlen, early 20thC,2336x2083 mm,  is a silk screen print.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment