Saturday 17 December 2011

The tall and the short of it!! Or.. heads and feet!
The five giraffes at our little zoo are all males, one older, one younger and three adolescents. Great fun to watch.

Photography is not my strongest talent. It is one of the minor subjects in my Learning Connexion course and the one I am most behind in in my studies. I try to go to the zoo regularly to practice photography on the animals as well as to sketch them. Its less embarrassing than to try to take photos or sketch people unaware.

Each time I visit the zoo I spend the bulk of my time at one of the enclosures-- the giraffes or the white rhinos or the spider monkeys--
The monkeys use their tails like fifth hands. So clever. But they move very quickly so are hard to sketch or photograph.
I love the shapes. Those two above could be letter 'Y' in an ABC book.
And to the left, the younger boy with his head poking up from behind the oldest giraffe's back like a backward question mark..

No comments:

Post a Comment