Monday 5 March 2012

My Very Gaudy Treasure Box -- Finished!
The brass pieces were fixed to the black card with small brads and glue. Some of the 'jewels' were glued onto the brads while others were glued onto the brass. The black card was glued onto the cardboard body of the box.


I fixed a shelf into the box and glued onto it a piece of foam core board. I had cut into the core board to make places for the antique nails to rest. Then I covered the core board with some nice green felt. Originally I was going to use velvet but I had the felt on hand and it looked quite nice.


I used some of the brass to make three loops, two on the body and one on the lid. The brass covered piece of small diameter dowel makes a good fastener.  I was pretty much making up the construction as I went along. Another time I might look for a different way of fastening the box, something that might be less clumsy looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment